Thursday, April 23, 2009

My baby turned 6 months old this week! I can't believe it. I will be posting some pictures next week, as my camera battery is dead at the moment.
We are having a busy couple of weeks. Last weekend I drove up to Winnipeg with Bennett and Tate to spend some time with the fam. The boys did absolutely awesome in the car - they are troopers, that is for sure.
This weekend we are heading up to Minnesota for a quick getaway with my brother and his family...should be fun. Dale is coming along, so it will be a nice family weekend.
So, I know it is lame to chat about the weather, but it was SO HOT here today. We are just having the strangest weather. The thermostat says it is 79 degrees F in my house right now (it was 90 outside). That is definitely too warm. But, out of principle, I can't turn the air conditioning on in April - especially since I'm not pregnant (that was always a good excuse:)
When we get back it will be just about time to start thinking about my other little man turning 3! Anyone have any great cake ideas that don't require a lot of talent?
Anyway, just a brief update. Will post pics soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Easiest cake recipe I own:

"Mom! I Made It Myself!" Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 c white sugar
1/4 c cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 c melted butter
1 c buttermilk (or 1 tbsp vinegar in 1 c regular milk if you don't have buttermilk on hand)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift first 6 ingredients together.
2. Make 3 hollows in mixture.
3. Pour vanilla extract in one hollow. Pour vinegar in the second hollow, and melted butter in the third.
4. Pour buttermilk over all. Stir until well blended and no flour is showing.
5. Pour into greased 9 x 9 cake pan
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Leave in Pan to cool.

Easy peasy. Enjoy!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

for Thom's 3rd birthday one of the cakes I made was a diarama out of rice crispy cake. It was a base of rice crispy which had a volcano I shaped (with the help of a jar) which I filled with nibs and had spilling over to look like lava (this was done on a large serving tray). Then I made more and flattened it in a baking sheet which I then used cookie cutters to cut out trex's and triceratops, I placed them around then covered the bottom with choclate that looked like rocks.
We also had a plain chocolate mix cake which I cut a hole in the centre, iced it (especially the edges and bottom of the hole) and filled it with jello that was almost set. Then I put grahm cracker crumbs down so it was like a beach and lined it with little Dollerama dinos and trees so it looked like a drinking hole. - way easier then I expected and totally different.

Good luck

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home